Catalyst create tailor-made e-learning solutions built upon Moodle, and provide managed service support for the most widely used Learning Management System (LMS) platform in the world.
Moodles offers a number of key features to support educators, administrators and students.
Course development and management features
- Direct learning paths - design and manage courses to meet various requirements. Classes can be instructor-led, self-paced, blended or online
- Encourage collaboration - built-in collaborative publishing features foster engagement and encourage content-driven collaboration
- Embed external resources - teach materials and include assignments from other sites and connect to the gradebook in Moodle
- Multi-media integration - built-in media support enables you to easily search for and insert video and audio files in your courses
- Group management - group learners to share courses, differentiate activities and facilitate team work
- Marking workflow - assign different markers to assignments, manage grade moderation and control when marks are released
- Secure authentication and mass enrolment - Over 50 authentication and enrolment options to add and enrol users to your Moodle site
- Multilingual capability - Allow users to view course content and learn in their own language, or set it up for multilingual users and organisations
- Bulk course creation and easy backup - add courses in bulk, back up and restore large courses with ease
- Manage user roles and permissions - address security concerns by defining roles to specify and manage user access
- High interoperability - freely integrate external applications and content or create your own plugin for custom integrations.
- Regular security updates - Moodle is regularly updated with the latest security patches to help ensure your Moodle site is secure
User experience features
- Modern easy to use interface - designed to be responsive and accessible
- Personalised dashboard - displays current, past and future courses, along with tasks due
- Collaborative tools and activities - work and learn together in forums, wikis, glossaries, database activities and much more
- All-in-one calendar - keep track of your course deadlines, group meetings, exam dates and other personal events
- Convenient file management - drag and drop files from cloud storage devices including MS OneDrive, Dopbox and Google Drive
- Simple and intuitive text editor - format text and add media and images with an editor that works across all web browsers and devices
How Catalyst IT supports Moodle LMS
Established as a Premium Moodle Certified Partner in 2004, the multi-region Catalyst IT Group is 4th biggest contributor to the Moodle Project, and the largest in Australasia behind Moodle HQ.
If you are looking for IT services for your Moodle LMS, whether for 200 or 2 million users, Catalyst has in-depth expertise and experience and 24 /7 follow the sun support to help you succeed.
Explore the case study and discover how Catalyst support Monash University
Benefits of working with a Premium Moodle Certified Partner
Choose Catalyst IT for your Moodle LMS services
- +15 years experience of customising and developing Moodle LMS
- Expert Moodle Certified e-learning consultants
- World-class hosting on AWS architecture for exceptional system performance, reliability and high availability
- Security and reassurance, less time managing your LMS and more focus on providing an engaging user experience
- Ongoing support and 24 7 follow the sun response, supported by our multi-region presence
- Being able to share the benefits of the global Moodle community contributions