Delivering robust, custom developed e-learning solutions built upon Moodle LMS, we also provide full managed services. This ensures our large, multi-region clients can focus on their learning goals and outcomes while we look after the ongoing technical performance of their platforms.
Moodles offers a number of key features to support educators, administrators and students.
Course development and management features
- Direct learning paths - design and manage courses to meet various requirements. Classes can be instructor-led, self-paced, blended or online
- Encourage collaboration - built-in collaborative publishing features foster engagement and encourage content-driven collaboration
- Embed external resources - teach materials and include assignments from other sites and connect to the gradebook in Moodle
- Multi-media integration - built-in media support enables you to easily search for and insert video and audio files in your courses
- Group management - group learners to share courses, differentiate activities and facilitate team work
- Marking workflow - assign different markers to assignments, manage grade moderation and control when marks are released
- Secure authentication and mass enrolment - Over 50 authentication and enrolment options to add and enrol users to your Moodle site
- Multilingual capability - Allow users to view course content and learn in their own language, or set it up for multilingual users and organisations
- Bulk course creation and easy backup - add courses in bulk, back up and restore large courses with ease
- Manage user roles and permissions - address security concerns by defining roles to specify and manage user access
- High interoperability - freely integrate external applications and content or create your own plugin for custom integrations.
- Regular security updates - Moodle is regularly updated with the latest security patches to help ensure your Moodle site is secure
User experience features
- Modern easy to use interface - designed to be responsive and accessible
- Personalised dashboard - displays current, past and future courses, along with tasks due
- Collaborative tools and activities - work and learn together in forums, wikis, glossaries, database activities and much more
- All-in-one calendar - keep track of your course deadlines, group meetings, exam dates and other personal events
- Convenient file management - drag and drop files from cloud storage devices including MS OneDrive, Dopbox and Google Drive
- Simple and intuitive text editor - format text and add media and images with an editor that works across all web browsers and devices
Moodle latest version
Moodle 3.11 is the latest release of the LMS, enhancing the online learning experience for both educators and learners. New features include:
- Student activity completion – to help students organise their learning
- Accessibility checker - to identify common accessibility issues in your course content
- Settings retention - when you create quiz questions with specific settings, they can be stores and applied to the next question.
- Essay question word count - a minimum and maximum word count can be set, which will trigger a message for learners when it’s not met.
- Plagiarism checker - a plagiarism detector plugin is available to check the academic integrity of answers to Essay questions.
- Support for Open Badges v2.1, the latest standard for Digital Badges developed by IMS.
- Fully customisable user profile fields
- Adjustable audio and video playback speed – the integrated media player allows users to select the playback rate
- Improvements in H5P - an option to create ‘unlisted’ H5P content that will not show up in the Content bank until you make it public
- Support for Shared Drives in Google Drive repository
How Catalyst IT supports Moodle LMS
An established Premium Moodle Certified Partner, the multi-region Catalyst IT Group has supported Moodle LMS edtech in the higher education sector since 2004 and is the 4th biggest contributor to the Moodle Project (the largest in Australasia behind Moodle HQ).
If you are looking to develop your own skills and knowledge of Moodle, you can explore Moodle Academy. However, if you are looking for design, optimisation, custom development or cloud migration for your Moodle LMS, we can provide expert help. Chosen by world leading universities and government departments to manage their Moodle e-learning platforms, we provide the assurance that our clients need.
Catalyst builds multi-region, high availability Moodle LMS solutions