A tool for systematic USI verification
Are you a Higher Education Provider or RTO that needs to integrate USI (Unique Student Identifier) web services with your Student Management System (SMS)? Last year, the Development Team at Catalyst worked on the creation of a USI verification tool for the NSW Department of Education. The solution supports the business and its staff, by providing a consistent, systematic process to create and verify USIs that eliminates typographical errors and saves time.
The USI verification process
As a higher education provider you need to verify your students USIs by accessing the USI Registry System. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Integrating USI web services with your Student Manamgent System (SMS) or Learning Management System (LMS), or;
- Accessing the USI portal directly.
Integrating USI web services with your SMS / LMS
By opting to integrate USI web services, it will help you to:
- Verify single or multiple USIs;
- Find existing USIs (with the students’ permission of course);
- Create single or multiple USIs, at your convenience;
- View and update personal and contact details, for students that give access to their accounts.
USI verification tool case study