All of the six MEC courses are completed asynchronously, online and facilitated by our MEC Facilitators. There are formative and summative assessments:
The six MEC courses, matching the six groups of competences are asynchronous, online and facilitated by our Moodle Certified Facilitator. In each course, there are quizzes to evaluate each competence, and two writing assignments that give candidates the opportunity to reflect on what they have learned and how Moodle can support their own teaching practice.
The main content of each course requires the completion of quizzes to evaluate the candidate's knowledge and skills.
Candidates must complete and submit two written assessment tasks that give them the chance to apply their learning and demonstrate how Moodle can support their own, specific teaching practice:
- Task 1 - Explain how you would advise your colleagues on how to tackle a chosen scenario
- Task 2 - If you have encountered this particular scenario before, how did you proceed?
You have 6 months to complete all 6 self-directed courses. You should allow 6-8 hours of individual study per course.
Who is the course for?
MEC has been designed specifically for teachers, learning designers and learning technologists who have experience of using Moodle LMS. It is not for beginners. It will help educators to:
- Gain professional certification and recognition for their skills
- Leverage the capabilities of the Moodle learning platform
- Improve content delivery to enhance student engagement and learning
- Collaborate and learn with other education professionals
As the course aligns with the DigCompEdu Framework, we need to assess if you are ready for MEC training. You should complete the DigCompEdu self-assessment quiz and achieve a score of at least B1 (Integrator). If you don't achieve this, but want to know what your options are, please contact us for advice.
Complete your MEC with Catalyst IT
Catalyst IT has worked with Moodle since 2004. A Premium Moodle Certified Partner, that works with large university educators, our team of experienced Moodle LMS e-learning consultants can help you improve your digital competencies for online and blended teaching.
Course dates and costs
We run MEC programs three times per year, starting on the first Monday in March, July and November:
- Next cohort - Monday 1st November 2021
- Cost - AU$1,000 for the 6 courses, with formal certification by Moodle HQ on completion
We offer a group rate, for teams of 6 candidates from the same institution:
- Programs can be scheduled for a time that suits you
- Cost - AU$5,000 for 6 participants taking the 6 courses, with formal certification by Moodle HQ on completion
Reserve your place
If you'd like to register for MEC training with Catalyst, please send us an enquiry by clicking the button below. One of our MEC Facilitators will be in touch.
Send MEC Enquiry