A certified AWS partner, Catalyst is an MSP that provides cloud hosting and global managed services, backed by a Follow The Sun support model. We offer shared and private cloud infrastructure options, for the ultimate assurance in reliability, scalability and security – built upon our proven cloud architecture.
Cloud services for edtech and open source software
Cloud computing is a critical component of any education provider’s business model. It has helped mitigate the impact of the global pandemic and the loss of face-to-face learning. At the same time, it has expanded the size and the target of the addressable market to a global opportunity. Competition to acquire and retain students and online learners has never been greater.
Cloud infrastructure to support Moodle LMS
Catalyst has extensive experience of managing the cloud performance of large Moodle instances, for clients such as Monash University and Navitas, the global education provider. The pipelines that we have developed enable product enhancements and security updates at scale.
We understand that to deliver e-learning effectively, educators, learning and development teams and learning technologists need to maintain student engagement levels. To this end, we work closely with large university clients to ensure that learning management systems are optimised for high performance and cost management, nationally and internationally. During peak times of assessments and high stakes exams, we make sure that capacity is adjusted to support demand.
24/7 support for global operations
Our 24/7 Follow The Sun support model, provides assurance to our managed service clients that they have ‘real person’ support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, regardless of their geographic location or time zone.
With the more flexible working environments, our society – employees, students, customers – are looking for 24/7 access to their systems. In order to support this, more businesses and organisations around the world reply on third party IT Managed Service providers.
Catalyst global presence = Scalable and flexible support
Routine preventative IT maintenance is key
Often, the busier and more critical a system is to a business, the more challenging updates and upgrades become. Risk exposure can be high.
Follow the Sun support can make scheduling maintenance possible as it offers the opportunity to undertake critical updates at a business’s quietest time or when it’s closed to normal operating staff.
Applying patches may be a basic security principle, but it is vital to protect the security of your applications and your operating systems. The Australian Government’s “Essential Eight” mitigation strategies for example, are known to mitigate at least 85% of the most common cyber attacks and include both Patch Applications and Patch Operating Systems.
Catalyst IT Australia comply with the Essential Eight and are ISO27001 certified Managed Service provider.
Catalyst managed services allow you to leverage our existing, highly optimised cloud infrastructure. Enjoy the benefits of:
- Seamless and effortless migration – we have a tried and tested cloud migration framework to lift and shift your applications with minimum or no disruption to your normal business operations
- Containerised high availability and fault tolerant cloud architecture, as standard
- Pipelines that deliver the latest LMS enhancements and security updates as they become available
- Certified, expert 24/7 live support nationally, regionally and globally
How Catalyst deliver your Cloud strategy successfully
Experience – We have completed 100s of cloud migrations worldwide and provide full managed cloud services for Australia’s largest Moodle LMS.
Skill – We can accelerate your cloud adoption with a seamless cut-over and minimum disruption to your stakeholders.
One team approach – We work in close collaboration with your teams, every step of the way, to benchmark your application’s cloud requirements to fully manage cost and performance.
Cost management – We provide Total Cost of Ownership costing plans to track against your budget.
More reasons to trust Catalyst in transforming your business to be more efficient and resilient.
24/7 customer support for rapid response and resolution of any issues.
A collaborative partnership, supporting an agreed roadmap to meet your cloud objectives.
Leverage our highly developed cloud architecture, that brings you the latest cloud automations and cloud orchestrations.
AWS preferred certified partner for Managed Services and Cloud hosting of Moodle and Totara based LMS solutions.
Catalyst Case Study – Migration & Cloud Services
Why choose Catalyst for your Cloud Services
- Reliable – no single point of failure architecture, proof of concept and delivery of hundreds of completed migrations worldwide
- Scalable and agile system resourcing to ensure consistent user experience
- Security of data – compliance with ISO 27001 certification
- Optimised, flexible performance – fully responsive to increases or deceases in demand for effective budgeting
- Localised content delivery in multiple AWS regions around the world
- 24/7 Follow the Sun Support model, as standard, ensuring full incident and maintenance window flexibility anytime – day or night
- 20+ years experience supporting e-learning technology
- Trusted by major Universities, Government and major organisations in Health, Not-for-profit and Commercial sectors
- Multi-award winning Moodle provider and Open Source software contributor
Explore how Catalyst can help optimise your cloud services.