Catalyst Australia worked to migrate the existing Monash Moodle site to Amazon Web Services (AWS), upgrade the codebase to the latest version and provide Enterprise-level managed services (including AWS hosting).
The key success factors for this project were using an agile approach and assigning business analysts to work closely with the product owner; Catalyst managed the entire project and was responsible for delivery of Monash University’s legacy Moodle.
Moodle has provided a platform for Monash’s teachers to explore a more flexible and blended approach to teaching through designing online content and activities for their students to experience.
Throughout the initial migration project, Catalyst was responsible for the development, testing, project and change management. Since Go-Live, Catalyst continues to provide on-going support, and Monash University is enjoying a reliable solution alongside hosting, future development, training and support.
- An enterprise-grade Cloud Moodle Solution for the Office of Learning and Teaching
- Provision and management of all underlying AWS cloud infrastructure
- Access for +86,000 students
- Provision and management of up to five non-production environments for testing, development and acceptance testing
- Monitoring, backup and 24x7 availability
All of this innovation, integration and configuration was made possible by open-source technology and expertise.