We deliver robust, custom e-learning solutions built upon Moodle LMS, as well as fully managed IT services. This ensures our clients can focus on their teaching and learning goals while we look after the ongoing technical performance of their platforms. We are trusted by major universities and colleges around the world, Government organisations, as well as large organisations in the not-for-profit and commercial sectors.
What is Moodle?
Moodle (stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is an open source software learning management system (LMS) that provides a platform for e-learning. It supports educators to deliver digital, engaging learning experiences for online students. It is a highly regarded educational technology (Edtech) in the higher education and tertiary education sectors.
This short 2 minute video provides an overview of Moodle LMS
Moodle offers a number of key features to support educators, administrators and students.
Course development and management features
- Direct learning paths – design and manage courses to meet various requirements. Classes can be instructor-led, self-paced, blended or online
- Encourage collaboration – built-in collaborative publishing features foster engagement and encourage content-driven collaboration
- Embed external resources – teach materials and include assignments from other sites and connect to the gradebook in Moodle
- Multi-media integration – built-in media support enables you to easily search for and insert video and audio files in your courses
- Group management – group learners to share courses, differentiate activities and facilitate team work
- Marking workflow – assign different markers to assignments, manage grade moderation and control when marks are released
- Secure authentication and mass enrolment – Over 50 authentication and enrolment options to add and enrol users to your Moodle site
- Multilingual capability – Allow users to view course content and learn in their own language, or set it up for multilingual users and organisations
- Bulk course creation and easy backup – add courses in bulk, back up and restore large courses with ease
- Manage user roles and permissions – address security concerns by defining roles to specify and manage user access
- High interoperability – freely integrate external applications and content or create your own plugin for custom integrations.
- Regular security updates – Moodle is regularly updated with the latest security patches to help ensure your Moodle site is secure
User experience features
- Modern easy to use interface – designed to be responsive and accessible
- Personalised dashboard – displays current, past and future courses, along with tasks due
- Collaborative tools and activities – work and learn together in forums, wikis, glossaries, database activities and much more
- All-in-one calendar – keep track of your course deadlines, group meetings, exam dates and other personal events
- Convenient file management – drag and drop files from cloud storage devices including MS OneDrive, Dopbox and Google Drive
- Simple and intuitive text editor – format text and add media and images with an editor that works across all web browsers and devices
Moodle latest version
Moodle 4.1 is the latest release of the LMS and is something we’ve been waiting for! With every new release, Moodle sure proves the value of continuous innovation among the global Moodle community – as existing features continue to evolve and new features are being developed and added. Some of the features we love about Moodle 4.1 include:
- TinyMCE Editor
- Gradebook UX Improvements
- Questionbank improvements
- Custom report builder
- And the fact that this is a Long Term Support (LTS) version meaning it will be actively supported until 2025!
Learn more about the above features in our latest blog where we also provide some questions you should be asking whether you are new to Moodle or have been using it for some time already.
How Catalyst IT supports Moodle LMS
An established Premium Moodle Certified Partner, the multi-region Catalyst IT Group has supported Moodle LMS edtech in the higher education sector since 2004 and is the fourth biggest contributor to the Moodle Project (the largest in Australasia behind Moodle HQ). We continue to be recognised at the annual Moodle Partner Awards for our efforts in excellent service and contributions to the Moodle and Open Source communities.
If you are looking to develop your own skills and knowledge of Moodle, you can explore Moodle Academy. However, if you are looking for design, optimisation, custom development or cloud migration for your Moodle LMS, we can provide expert help. Chosen by world leading universities and government departments to manage their Moodle e-learning platforms, we provide the assurance that our clients need.
Explore Catalyst e-Learning Consulting Services
Our client success stories:
Catalyst builds multi-region, high availability Moodle LMS solutions
Benefits of working with a Premium Moodle Certified Partner
Why choose Catalyst IT for your Moodle LMS services
- 15+ years experience of optimising, custom development and migration of enterprise-level Moodle LMS
- Expert Moodle Certified e-learning consultants
- World-class hosting on AWS architecture for exceptional system performance, reliability and high availability
- Less time managing the technical aspects of your LMS and more time focusing on your students and their learning outcomes
- Assurance that our full managed services support, with 24/7 multi-region Follow The Sun response, will not let you down
- Being able to share the benefits of the global Moodle community contributions
To make the most of your Moodle site talk to Catalyst team today to see how we can help.