Diversity and Inclusion Policy
As a responsible employer working across global open source communities, diversity and inclusion are important at Catalyst. We recognise, celebrate and seek to increase diversity across our organisation. We are working to build an ever more diverse workplace by promoting equality and opportunity. We want Catalyst to be welcoming and inclusive for everyone, and for our staffing to reflect the diversity of Australia and international society. Diversity is integral to our creative and innovative thinking. Encouraging diversity across Catalyst helps us attract and retain great people, leading to even better solutions for our clients.
This policy provides Catalyst IT Australia Diversity and Inclusion statement and describes the following:
- What we are doing to encourage diversity and ensure inclusion.
- What we will do next to encourage diversity and ensure inclusion.
- Who is responsible for diversity and inclusion at Catalyst.
Any questions about this Policy may be directed to:
The Company Policies Officer
PO Box 1480, Deewhy NSW 2099
email to: email@example.com
The purpose of this Policy at Catalyst is to raise awareness about diversity and inclusion and to showcase our commitment to zero tolerance for any form of discrimination towards others. This applies to our company employees as well as other entities we work with including our business partners, suppliers and our clients.
Catalyst IT Australia diversity statement
Catalyst has been dedicated to using the world’s best open source software and tools to deliver robust IT solutions for our clients all over the globe for 20 years. Along with our passion for open source, we are a company that is committed to equal opportunities for all, regardless of individual characteristics. Examples of these characteristics are gender, age, culture, disability (mental, learning, physical), geographic background, language(s) spoken, marital/partnered status, physical appearance, ethnicity, religious beliefs and gender identity or sexual orientation. Diversity is one of our company’s values and any form of discrimination or harassment towards others will not be tolerated at Catalyst.
What we are doing to encourage diversity and ensure inclusion.
- We make reference to our diversity policy and link to the full policy in all job advertisements, so potential employees know that diversity is important to us. Our job ads are written specifically to be as inclusive as possible, using software to check our text for any possible bias.
- We have provided training for employees involved in recruitment to raise awareness of bias and how to ensure our recruitment processes are as fair as possible for applicants of all backgrounds.
- We actively encourage under-represented groups to consider careers in IT, especially in open source.
- We are family friendly. We help employees balance family and work responsibilities, including flexible work options.
- We ensure our Catalyst Academy consistently achieves an equal balance of female to male students.
- We have conducted an internal review to make sure we’re paying people fairly.
- We discourage language that is discriminatory or exclusive.
- We work with our clients to create systems that are accessible to physically challenged users.
- We provide accessibility training to staff, clients and the broader community.
- We set the expectation for zero tolerance of discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any level of the organisation, to our employees starting from on-boarding – providing comprehensive training (with specific examples) on what this means to us.
- We acknowledge employee behaviours that are in line with our value of Diversity.
What will we do next to encourage diversity and ensure inclusion?
- We’ll further review the changes we have made to our recruitment processes to ensure we are always improving, and we will collect feedback from candidates to help us further improve where necessary.
- We’ll take steps to show our increased diversity in leadership roles in order to further encourage diversity in our job candidates.
- We’ll conduct internal reviews to ensure continued pay parity, at minimum on a three year cycle.
- We’ll continue to ensure discrimination or harassment of any kind is not tolerated at any level of the organisation.
- We’ll encourage further discussion and education on diversity issues (e.g. training delivered online and in person).
- We’ll provide a free training scheme aimed at those under-represented in our tech community.
- We’ll publicly display this policy for added accountability.
Who is responsible for diversity and inclusion?
All Catalyst employees are responsible for encouraging diversity and inclusion by treating each other with tolerance, respect and understanding. Catalyst Directors and Management Team are responsible for promoting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness throughout our organisation. Catalyst People Team is responsible for collecting appropriate statistical information on our progress towards greater diversity, and ensuring hiring and employee management processes are inclusive. All of Catalyst employees are required to complete comprehensive training on workplace discrimination and harassment during on-boarding. We acknowledge employee behaviours that are in line with our value of Diversity.
Supply chain and partnership standards
We do our best to ensure we work with business partners and suppliers whose values align with ours. We educate our people at all levels in the business about ethical business practices and encourage our people to report any concerns or suspicious activities among our stakeholders which may classify as discrimination of any kind.
This policy is reviewed at least annually and more frequently if required. All changes to the policy are reviewed and approved by our leadership team. This policy is available on the Catalyst internal wiki and on the Catalyst IT Australia website.